Swarnim Chess Mahotsav
Client: Sports Authority of Gujarat, Govt. of Gujarat
Duration, Year & Location: 1-day Event | December 2010, Ahmedabad
The Swarnim Chess Mahotsav was held by the Department of Sports, Youth, & Cultural Activities, Gujarat Chess Association, and NIIT. As a part of the prestigious Khel Mahakumbh, its main objective was to promote Chess among school going youngsters and youth. It went on to set the Guinness Record for the most number of chess players playing under one roof.
Scope of Work
- Conceptualising and Designing of the Venue
- Production and Execution of the Venue
- Turnkey Event Infrastructure Execution
- Area of Venue – 7,53,200 sq. ft. | Capacity of Venue – 20,000
- Chess Board Ground – 3,12,040 sq. ft.
- Stage Area – 10,000 sq. ft. | Number of Playing Tables – 10,000
- Seating Area – 53,800 sq. ft. | Seating Capacity – 10,000 Individuals
- Dining Area – 2,36,720 sq. ft.
- Admin Lounge | Registration Area | VIP Lounge
Created Guinness World Record (2010) for maximum number of players (20,480) playing chess together
Inaugurated by the then Chief Minister Shri Narendra Modi and world chess champion Vishwanathan Anand
64 alternating black & white squares turned The Gujarat University Grounds of Ahmedabad into a giant Chess Board